Thanks for all the birthday wishes-I’m in the 30’s somewhere, somehow.
It has also been just a little over a year since I told anyone I was writing a blog. I had finished a few posts and put them up without ever telling anyone because I was too scared, and Robb said, “So, you are writing a blog, but you aren’t going to tell anyone about it?” And, I was like, “Ummm….yeah?” And then I stressed out and talked to my friend Pam who has an amazing blog and she said, “The first time you put a post up on Facebook, it’s going to feel like you are standing at a party and you just pull your shirt up and flash everyone.”
And it did. And it still kinda does. But I feel like I’m getting braver. The best part is that I don’t feel like I normally remember that much, and this past year I have felt like my focus sharpened and I can remember. So. Much. That is the best part. It has been a great year.
I spent my Birthday week…
1. In the presence of cute kids.
2. And in the presence of their grandparents, rendering me inconsequential to my cute kids.
3. New business = champagne.
4. Cake (from Lucky’s = best husband ever)
6. Post-run cuddling
7. Robb’s strong commitment to BBQ-ing
8. A few nights on the town. And, you know, some kiddie cocktails.
9. And of course, snow. Always the snow. Forever the snow. Snow.